I'm in a tent in the middle of the Australian Outback and I just finished my first day of the outback trek from Alice Springs to Darwin. It has been a long day of travel and hiking, but it was a beautiful day and I can't believe that I have Internet...
So, the day started at 6am and we traveled about 350 miles with various stops along the way. I rode my first camel, and had a camel burger for lunch... not the same one, but the same species. Yes I feel kind of guilty, but they are really a pest problem here and there are over 1 million wild camels in Australia... So eating them is keeping some other animal from being slaughtered for food...he was kind of cranky and I'll tempered so my guilt was fleeting. I rode the one on the right... camel that is.
He looks cute & harmless, but he was a real crank. They are nothing like riding a horse, and require some skills I don't think is have... But it was fun!
After that stop, we were off to the famous Urulu to see the most amazing rock formations. We hiked for a couple of hours and took lots of pictures. So I don't have a lot to say about it but WOW!!
The tour operator I'm with
This is the outback... generally speaking
This is the range we climbed this afternoon...
And then it was sunset...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Outback, Australia
No comments:
Post a Comment