Well, I'm on my way... it has been quit a lot of work to get this thing together but the prep is done... sort of. I still have a couple of items to close and then I'll be ready to start the adventure.
Up to now, this has been pretty unreal and with this first leg it has shifted to surreal. I was literally finishing up details as I walked down the jetway to my seat... and now I'm off.
This post kind of lame, but I hope it/they get better...
Well, it has been quite a week and the excitement started before I got out of town. Me and two friends almost got killed by a huge glass window falling from 41 stories on our heads. I was dropping off some stuff to my friend Jeff, I stopped for what was supposed to be 5 minutes, and then we heard "watchout!! there is glass falling from the building!!" Thank god we didn't look up and just ran for cover because within about 10 seconds, huge chunks of glass and a barrage of smaller pieces pelted the ground where we were standing... not to mention my Escape which we were standing next to. Two of us took cover in the doorways right next to where we were standing, while the other ran for the hills around the building. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but my car suffered 2 broken windshields... and I will probably be coming back to a shiny, newly painted SUV.
It kind of put a snag in my day by causing a delay in finishing the last of my errands. In their incredible quest for safety, the Chicago Fire Department wouldn't let me move my car before they knocked out the rest of the glass from the frame and let it fall down to add to the body damage. Its good I got the near death experience out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of my trip. After that, who could be afraid of great white sharks or wild lions... I guess fate was testing my commitment to my trip tagline, "if you can't die happy tomorrow, you aren't really living... Anyway, we got the windows fixed and Jeff promised to take care of getting the bodywork done for me... now that's a friend.
Oh yah... and the poor guy who is taking care of the SUV while I'm gone had his car broken into just before he came to pick it up... between the two of us, I think our car karma will either cancel each other out or implode the universe... guess we'll see.
So, San Francisco here I come!! Then Sunday, night, off to Sydney!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment